Monday, May 21, 2012

Snowballs in May

The only kind of snowball that I look forward to in May. Do you have a snowball bush?  I think these are a member of the viburnum family. My grandmother had a bush on the farm, my mother has a bush, and I had to have one too.
 They are a little chartreusey, which I love, and then pure white.
These are the first thing we have had that bloomed well this spring. We won't discuss my poor lilacs except to say they were a total loss after a very warm March followed by an April with night temps in the 20's.
Good Monday morning by the way. I am seconds from running out the door for work. Another busy week ahead, what does your week look like?
By the way, many thanks for your prayers on behalf of Victoria. She arrived in Guatemala safely and has visited fantastic ruins, seen a baby spider monkey and shopped the local market. She has two weeks left so don't stop praying:>)
Have a great week!

11 comments:

  1. Good morning Kathy! Thanks for sharing your flowers, and lots of prayers for your sweet girl!!xoxo Debbie

    PS LOVE your Mother's Day gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Snowball trees! My dear little mother has a big one. I need to get one, too!
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I love that bush. What pretty flowers. I will have to keep that one in mind for my forever home.
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful! Mine bloomed for the first time this year. I had always wanted one. We too had no lilacs this year :-( Still praying for your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those bushes. I don't know why I never bought one. I always have trouble with where to plant big bushes.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks beautiful! And beautiful tradition is in your Family! Glad for Victoria :o) Still praying for her
    P.S. Please, came to enter into my giveaway :o)
    Have a nice week
    Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Snowball bushes are one of my very favorites! when I lived in Tennessee, I had these growing in my yard. They remind me so much of the big blue hydrangeas!
    Thank you for your lovely post, dear kathy!
    Have a great week,
    Carolynn xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never had a snowball bush, but would love one. I think they are so pretty! I agree, it's the only snowball we want to see here in Michigan right now. Glad your daughter arrived safely! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOO, how beautiful. I want one of these.
    So glad daughter is there safely and seeing all sorts of interesting things.
    Praying for a coat of safety around her, always.:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. They're gorgeous! Looks a lot like hydrangeas. Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely flowers...they look just like a hydrangea. I planted three of those in my flower garden this year and am getting blooms on two right now. They are my new love and I'm hoping they fare well in this hot Oklahoma summer.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to say hello :)