Thursday, October 25, 2012

World on Fire

I suppose the last thing you need to see is photos of more fall leaves. Forgive me I couldn't help myself. Yesterday I came home to a fall day in the high 70's. I had to go outside. I decided mowing the lawn for the last time this year was the best way to enjoy this rare late October sunshine, but I kept seeing the sun shining through the leaves and I had to hop off and get some photos.
Some random catch up while we peruse these last fleeting days of sun and color, (tomorrow it dips into the 50's and next week  temps in the 40's  are in the forecast!)
I have been busy packing up the house, doing some fall cleaning. We have new wood floors on the way and I am taking a look at things and deciding it's time to get rid of some of the old to make room for some new. Numerous trips to Salvation Army have been made and I have not allowed myself to go inside. Much.
 The Mums by the back door beckoned me to photograph their smiling faces, how could I say no?
 Lauren's beau is almost done with training and we are planning another wedding. Winter this time instead of fall, indoors instead of outdoors. I'm not one of those people who believe you can "jinx" something by talking about it, but you won't hear more about it until I can show you wedding photos:>)
 Earl and I have discovered the Polly Ann trail near our house, an old rail bed turned into a multi mile bike and walking path. Glorious! it is our new favorite place to be on sunny fall days. Surrounded on both sides by lush, mature trees, we are cut off from the rest of the world. It is like walking for miles in mature woods with swamps and lakes and wildflowers, and the spicy smell of autumn all around us. We're biking it tonight. And that's where I've been. I have big plans for this little blog, but it will be slow going and I'm not going to fret about it.
I hope you are enjoying these last days of Autumn. Maybe it lasts longer where you are? When do your trees lose their glory?

22 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous colors! I can't get enough of them, every time I look out my kitchen window I see all the beautiful Fall colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We never get tired of the beautiful colors of fall leaves and berries. Bring on the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the path/trail in your header!! And your fall colours are bursting, especially the red berries!

    I love the winter wedding plans...indoors instead of outdoors and knowing you with your crafty style it's going to be beautiful! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never tire of the lovely fall colors. Here in Kansas the trees have been more colorful than the last number of years. Glad to hear wedding plans are going forward again. And I'm curious about your plans for your blog. I do LOVE your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous fall. Soon all will be bare branches, so let's enjoy all the colour we can!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi sweetie!
    Today was the day for us...the last leaf fell...
    A gorgeous fall it was!
    xo, Kathy @
    Sweet Up-North Mornings...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photos and love the header photo!

    Our trees are finally turning color and dropping.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fall is indeed glorious where you are. You sound like you are in a good place both inside and out and it warms my heart to hear it. Enjoy your time in the out of doors. It sounds like it's time to bundle up next week. We have at least one more summer like weekend here on the west coast. (hugs) Patty

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed the pics of your favorite season ;)
    Biking together!!! I'm jealous!
    Nature things are the most fun things of all...including mowing in the fresh air.
    Today, I pulled out the old Mary Englebreit Home Companion mags I have...wish you could sit with me and look at them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, and yay for the new flooring!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!! You totally captured October with your camera!! LOVELY!

    I have a ginormous oak tree in my front yard, and I woke up yesterday to a sea of brown leaves on the lawn. The beautiful golden glow inside my house is over for another year :(

    Good luck with your floors! Can't wait to see! xoxo Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful photos!! It felt more like summer here today, but it is only going to be 58 degrees tomorrow with rain.
    Can't wait to see your new floors. I've been going through things here too...remodeling the kitchen has made me take a look around and I've gotten rid of some old stuff and am making room for some new stuff.
    ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful pictures Kathy! I never get tired of seeing fall color, in fact I posted some on my blog today.

    We have reached our peak here and the leaves are starting to fall. We will still have color through the first week of Nov probably.
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous Fall colors! Another wedding? How exciting. Love the idea of new wood floors - wish I could have done that when we replaced carpets over a year ago. Can't wait to see yours.
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your photos of fall there are beautiful, K.
    Excited about the upcoming wedding..know all of you are, too.
    Our fall will last another month, most likely...Dec, Jan, Feb and sometimes March are our coldest months.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I never tire of photos of Autumn's glory! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous photos! I found your blog via your Etsy shop. Its very nice and I think I shall follow so I can visit often!
    Kindly,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glorious colors. How blessed you are to have a lovely place to take some great walks. We have had temps plunge down into the high 20s already creating some good freezes. The flowers are taking a bite as a result :(
    New wood floors...woohoo! I love them and I'm sure you'll be very happy with them.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Kathy, LOVE your fall photos! We are already in winter on this side of the Cascades! Even had some snow already! Oh, I tried your recipe for the Salmon on a plank - we loved it! Yummy! We will be doing that one again! Hope all is going well for you and come by and check out my new blog, COTTAGE LAMPS, ETC. I just couldn't get my old blog to work anymore!
    XOXO,
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  20. How lucky you are to have the vibrance of fall at your fingertips! It's pretty dull where I am, but I love Autumn anyway.
    ::Jill

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just beautiful! I think we've seen the end of those warm days. I've been freezing all day today. Have the sunsets been glorious by you? The one tonight looked like the landscape was on fire, just so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Are you busy with wedding plans? :))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to say hello :)