Thursday, December 27, 2012

Snow

 
“Wow, it really snowed last night! Isn't it wonderful? Everything familiar has disappeared! The world looks brand new!
A new year ... a fresh, clean start! It's like having a big white sheet of paper to draw on! A day full of possibilities! It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy ... let's go exploring!”
Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes: It's a Magical World
 
 Snow. This time of year we are obsessed with it. We want it, we don't want it. We love it, we hate it. Whatever you think about it, however you feel about it, here it is. We got 4-6 inches last night. The sun gleams off it today. It's kind of pretty, a little annoying.
I'm not a big fan, but when it's fresh and white I kind of like it and when it's grey and dirty and frozen I loathe it.
Did you get some snow this week? If you did, I hope it was in time for Christmas.  That is when snow really shines isn't it? We all want snow for Christmas:>)
We had snow for Christmas, or rather, we made snow for Christmas.
These sugar cookie snowflakes to be exact.  Fun and pretty and they never get grey and slushy.
My favorite kind of snow!
I Hope your Christmas was white and wonderful.
And now, the New Year awaits. I always breathe a little sigh of relief when it's time for a new beginning don't you?
What does your new year hold?
 
 


12 comments:

  1. I also have the love/hate relationship with snow. I was getting used to not having any and then it appeared yesterday! I could do better with it if the sun would shine. The cookies are true works of art, just beautiful! My new year holds change and transition, it's a good thing the Lord is directing. I'd mess it up on my own. Have a wonderful day, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your snowflake cookies are very pretty. It doesn't snow where I live, and I agree, fresh white snow is fun, slush and ice not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a fond lover of snow either. The snowflake cookies would be enough for me too which by the way are beautiful. Who knows what the new year holds? All I know is that I plan on holding on to God's hand so that whatever happens I will be able to handle. I am determined to make 2013 a good year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so gorgeous!
    Everybody seems to be able to do this but me. They are so professional!

    I am without a goal or idea for the new year...help me out LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! And I LOVE SNOW!!! I LOVE COLD!!!
    I complain in the summertime :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cookies are beautiful! We didn't have snow this year for Christmas, though for the last couple of days we have had winds up to 70MPH and freezing cold temps.

    I do love snow, but I don't have to drive in it, I can stay home and view it from inside, plus here in NC we only get a few snow storms per winter.
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  7. We, too, got a surprising amount of snow. Just love your quote! Perfectly captures that wonderful joy of snow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We had our first "dumping" last night and into the morning...and I think it will be with us for awhile. According to the newspaper the last time we had this much snow was March 2011! So I guess we haven't had it too bad. Love those cookies Kathy-- you make everything look so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel the same way about snow. It's so pretty when it's falling but so depressing after it turns gray and slushy. None here so far except for a few light dustings. Your cookies are just so pretty! I wish I had your talent.

    The New Year, hmmmmm. I pray all of the blessings I have been counting continue. And for you, too!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your snowflake cookies are so pretty!!
    We got a blizzard the day after Christmas...we got 6 inches of snow, but my in-laws that live an hour north of us got 12 inches and drifts that were 4 to 5 feet!!
    ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Merry Christmas! We had snow and it made a wonderful day even more special! It's snowing this morning and IT feek all snug and cozy in my sewing room. Happy weekend and Happy New Year!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. We love snow here! I just don't like the cold that comes with it. I REALLY enjoy it from the comfort of a really warm house! Your cookies are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to say hello :)