Wednesday, December 18, 2013

25 Days of Christmas ~ Hot Cocoa

The kitchen got a workout today. Home made french bread with fresh rosemary stirred into the dough made the kitchen smell divine. I also chopped up the leftover home made bread from the party Sunday and made fresh croutons with salt, pepper and garlic.  I'm looking forward to salad now, especially after all the sweets I have been eating! And speaking of sweets... the marshmallows I made yesterday just seem to be made for Hot Cocoa, although I really can't wait to try them in S'mores!  I had a little fun with the camera today :>) if only I could have found the string of lights with white wire...lol, I will no doubt find them as I am packing everything up :>}
 I had a nice steamy mug of cocoa today with one of the peppermint marshmallows,  minty and decadent!  
I seem to be on a peppermint kick, I also made some popcorn with white chocolate and crushed candy canes to add to the gift baskets. It's sooo good, and fast and easy.
Pop 2 packets of popcorn, melt and stir in one package of white candy melts and whiz up enough candy canes (6-8) in the food processor to mix into the candy and popcorn mixture to turn it pink and flavor it well.  That's it.  Lay it out flat on a cookie sheet or piece of parchment paper until it hardens, break it up and package it for your friends.
I think making all the yummy treats to give (and sample for quality control), is one of the things I love most about Christmas.
What fun thing is a "must do" on your Christmas list?

11 comments:

  1. Love the photo of the mug and string of lights…great shot! The peppermint marshmallows sound perfect with a cup of cocoa! A "must do" on my list is baking and decorating sugar cookies with my son. We put on some Christmas music and have a blast in the kitchen! I look forward to it every year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the good things you are making sound wonderful. I have lost 25 pounds this year and am down to where I want to be so I haven't been very excited about making too many Christmas goodies. I love hot cocoa but haven't let myself indulge in that this winter. The price we pay for weight control! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of the goodies you are making sound great! Especially that popcorn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could come over and share y our cocoa! I am craving chocolate, and that looks so good!

    xoxoxox

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything sounds heavenly, Kathy! We have three parties to go to and I like to bring something sweet to all of them. I know what sort of cookies I'm making and I'll have to decide on a few more things (thank goodness for Pinterest. The popcorn sounds wonderful I think I might try that. Thanks! :)

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sweet girl just brought a jar of her homemade cocoa mix...I am about to have a cup but no peppermint marshmallows....oh, well, the plain ones work great, too. :))
    Your photos are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am having trouble of thinking of anything. My head is filled with too much just now. I know this. I'm looking forward to a review of those marshmallows.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cocoa looks yummy! I'll have to try that popcorn...sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the "sampling for quality control"... glad to hear I'm not the only one! One of our favorite things to do each year is take along a cup of hot cider, hop in the car, and drive around to see the neighborhood Christmas lights. Sometimes we can still get our girls to go in their pj's.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the marshmallow link! That was a very quick response. PS your kitchen is darling! Have fun remodeling.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I made peppermint marshmallows also this year but they are the one thing I did not share except with family when they came in from sledding the day our family had their Christmas gathering here. My sis in law thought they were to pepperminty but you must put in hot chocolate to really enjoy and she just popped it in her mouth. They might work to unstop a stuffy nose though....another use.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to say hello :)