Wednesday, December 7, 2016

The Tree

Well not THE tree, The live tree is still loitering on the back porch waiting to be trimmed and popped in a stand.  I like to have a tree in the dining room though and I needed a new one.  The last tree I used in here was a curbside rescue about 20 years ago and finally discarded last year.  It was no prize when I snagged it but you know with lights and ornaments it's harder to see the imperfections.
Enter this 6 foot flocked tree. $30 from Walmart, I think I got the last one in the store.  It looks pretty darn good for a $30 fake, certainly better than the dusty, crusty I discarded last year.  I raced home and couldn't wait to put it up. I'm in full on decorating mode now. I can't be stopped. So I pulled it out and started fluffing and forgot I was wearing a black sweater.  I looked down and I was flocked.  The tree and I? We match.  I expected a little shedding when I set it up, aside from the pile I'm wearing and the pile on the floor, the tree still has plenty so I'm happy. I got the lights on and now I'm forcing myself to change my sweater and get busy on dinner before I do any more.   I'm also loving my table runner and that silver mercury glass lighted tree. I got the last one of those too, at Homegoods. If you live in my neck of the woods you're out of luck. Sorry. Both were purchased with a gift card from my eldest daughter. She knows what mama likes :)  I'm off to get dinner started, then more decorating!  And I know, two posts within two days? Whaaaaat?  I'm on a roll.



14 comments:

  1. So adorable that flocked tree... Can I just say that two posts in two days is great! And five posts in five is great and ten in ten...well, you just see where this is going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that tree is so pretty! It really looks like snow! I love the lighted tree too...I've seen one or two of those and now I'm thinking maybe I need one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, You made me laugh about the flocking ending up on your sweater. I left a friends house two days ago with her dog's white hair all over my black pants. Yikes. I was doing a lot of brushing as I left. I loved your new tree. So pretty. The little mercury tree is sweet. You'll have to show us your real tree too. Blessings and good luck decorating. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need another tree like a hole in the head but seeing that fabulous flocked tree at such a great price has me contemplating a trip to WalMart. Is it snowing where you are? It is here, and cold. So maybe not today and I have no idea where I'd put it but it's fabulous!

    Of course, part of the reason it looks so good is that it is in your very pretty dining room. Your table runner is gorgeous and so is that mercury glass tree. Glad we have different WalMarts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sure is a pretty tree for $30 and I was just at Walmart today, should of looked at the trees. Glad to see you posting again...missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't that tree the perfect size for a small space. If the flocking keeps coming off, I saw cans of flocking selling at the grocery store for 1.00!
    ~Ginene

    ReplyDelete
  7. My tree from walmart lasted 12 years and now the top part won't light up...guess I'll need a new one at the end of the season. I like the size you have. Love flocked trees.
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tree and your table are so pretty. I saw the flocked tree at WalMart and enjoyed it. Our last artificial tree was a pre-lit, frosted tree from WalMart - and we loved it. I haven't done my table or much other decorating yet. I'm planning to decorate tomorrow. I'll keep it simple but filled with light and joy - and Christmas-y!
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have always wanted a flocked tree...it's darling!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love the new dining room tree...love anything flocked...i have 2 tiny flocked trees I bought this year as they were really cheap..Big Lots...
    and I am LOVING them....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to say hello :)