Monday, January 15, 2018

Well Hello There!

Bad blogger.  That is all I can say. After almost 11 years of blogging I hit the wall, nothing there, no inspiration, no ambition, and apparently no posts.  Of course I had some extenuating circumstances too.

So where did we leave off?  Oh yes, the trip to Petoskey. So much fun.  And then of course it was Autumn and we played in the garden a bit.
And then it got cold and blustery and snow fell.
And then it was Thanksgiving and we had most of the family at our house for dinner.  But first, Thanksgiving morning, this little peanut came into the world.
Clara Grace, 7 lbs. 6 ounces of the sweetest baby girl in the world. Well at least to us.  You can see bliss all over my face as I cuddle that sleepy baby.  She is everything, and I just can't get enough.

Well, you can see how I might have been distracted from blogging for a while right?  I mean, babies need to be cuddled, a lot, and preferably by grandparents as often as possible.

Earl is head over heels in love too.
And she has already grown so fast! Barely 6 weeks old and she went from this to....

 this.

And now she's cooing and smiling, oh she's the smilingest baby you ever did see! I have to hold her at least once a week or I go into withdrawal. 

So that catches you up.  This is where I have been and where I will, no doubt, continue to be.  The future of the blog is in question because I don't want to completely overwhelm you with my grandchild photos, I know they don't hold the same magic for you that they do for me.  And also, because for some reason, blogger keeps locking me out and I keep having to change the password to get back in.  If I disappear completely it will be because blogger once and for all shut me out.

 I am going to try to get back in the groove, but things change you know? I've been a total lazy bum in getting caught up on my friends posts because...Clara. What can I say?

Also, December was packed, I hosted a Women's Ministries dinner the first weekend of December, The second weekend was my brother's wedding, and then my darling daughter and her handsome hubby came and stayed with us for the week of Christmas.  They live in Pennsylvania and hadn't been home for Christmas in 5 years!
  Needless to say, that was all I needed under the tree. :)

My goal for this week is to overhaul the old blog, it's looking dated and sad,  get a new post out at least once a week, and to decorate cookies with Clara's mom Thursday, which I know will turn into play with Clara time and cookies may be eaten plain while we gaze into those bright blue eyes.

One does what one must.  If you want to be updated more regularly, come on over and follow me on instagram.

I sure hope your New Year is well on it's way to being as spectacular as mine seems to be :)  I'll see you all soon!

12 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy,
    I follow blogs that are all pictures of someone's child and sweater patterns. I don't knit, but after five years, I'm quite fond of the child!
    And, I love the name. My grandmother's name and I think this is the first time I've seen someone use it since her generation.
    You could always go to the free Wordpress. It is very simple when you get the hang of it and there are never any problems.
    Ginene

    P.S. I have lots of problems trying to leave comments on Blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always wonderful to see a post from you, Kathy.

    I completely understand about the baby and having much more important things to do. She's so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Babies are wonderful, congratulations. Enjoy every second with her...the blog will be here when and if you have the motivation and time. And so will we... xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow...i didn't realize you had taken such a long break...glad to see that new baby...so adorable..and know how much you love her...(and I love her name..GRACE)...XOXO
    i don't post as often, either. My heart isn't in it right now...
    Christmas was hard...I knew it would be...but we did have a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I'd say you've been up to a lot. And congratulations on grannying! I know what you mean about pix -- I'm a first-time gran too and I try not to overload, but sometimes I do and figure people can just move on to another post because they know when they come back it'll be something else. I hope you don't stop blogging. Instagram drives me nuts; won't even go there, too much clutter, one too many social media spots. Blog works for me, even if it's just a photo and a word or two! Between blogging and FB is enough screen time! Your Clara Grace is just beautiful -- she even looks like a little girl. Aren't they amazing and small? Oh, such loveliness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She has the most beautiful blue eyes! I would be cuddling all I could as well. I hope you continue to blog Kathy, I would miss you so much if you didn't!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your absence is totally understandable seeing baby Clara.... Enjoy her and keep us posted whenever you can. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are not a bad blogger - you are a busy blogger! Busy with real life. Your grandbaby is absolutely precious. You are going to have such fun as she grows. Wait till the first time she looks at you and says, 'Grandma, I love you!' Oh, that will melt your heart away and it gets better as they grow. Enjoy every minute with her. Time goes fast and she will be grown. We know because our oldest grandson started college way across the country from us last week. I loved your photos and I so enjoyed hearing of your doings since you last blogged. Looking forward to more photos of that sweet baby!
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  9. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE HOW YOUR CURTAINS LOOK AT THE TOP WITH CLIPS I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR BLUE AND WHITE CHECK CURTAINS FOR TWO YEARS NOW. YEARS AGO WHEN I WAS TOLD THAT 28 INCH TOPPERS FOR MY WINDOWS COST 2.000 PER WINDOW I WENT OUT FOUND READY MADE CURTAINS I LIKED AND HAD THEM CUT TO WHAT I WANTED. THE CURTAINS COST $100.00 AND TO HAVE THEM CUT WAS $15.00 PER WINDOW......AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to say hello :)